Enterprise Development Specification
Lexmark is a global imaging solutions organization operating in over 170 countries helping their customer achieve their vision of print simplicity, savings, security and sustainability. Lexmark is committed to supporting and developing SME’s. The Department of Trade & Industry has recently approved an EEIP for Lexmark International South Africa (Pty) Ltd for a local recycling program for Lexmark cartridges. The program is focused on Enterprise and Supplier Development to drive economic transformation and inclusion. Therefore, we are searching for 2 beneficiaries to start up a new enterprise in the ICT Sector in accordance with the B-BBEE and EEIP guidelines. Lexmark will help establish the organisation, provide financial investment and comprehensive support, training and guidance to the new enterprise over a 3- year period.
The ideal beneficiaries will be a combination of the specified criteria listed in this specification.
- 2 individuals (African Females).
- At least 1 individual must come from a rural area in SA.
- At least 1 individual must be youth.
- At least 1-year ICT Sector experience for 1 of the individuals.
- Entrepreneurial experience – advantageous.
- Matric – essential
- Tertiary qualification – advantageous
- Visionary and strategic thinker – the ability to see possibilities for the future, spot unique opportunities and aspires for growth. A critical thinker.
- Sound business acumen – ability to run an organization with an understanding of processes and practices in terms of people, operations, sales and marketing, logistics, managing vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Financial savvy- understanding of profit and loss, budgets and forecasting, etc.
- Innovative – ability to be creative and generate new ideas that can drive new and improved revenue streams, diversify into new markets, etc.
- Curious – always exploring, asking questions, seeking opportunities.
- Good leaderships skills—drives team involvement within division and functional support organizations; ability to build and manage a cross cultural, cross tower team for effective and efficient customer support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to critically analyse data or a situation, spot and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence others.
- Entrepreneurial skills – the ability to turn ideas into action, to identify opportunities, is ambitious, confident, courageous, adaptable, a risk taker.
- Learning Oriented – always seeking to learn new things, learns quickly, readily applies new knowledge. Has a growth mindset.
APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comprehensive CV with a motivation letter explaining how you meet the above criteria.
- Copy of ID Document, Matric certificate and other qualifications.
- A stamped letter from the traditional leadership authority indicating that you reside in a rural area and that you are unemployed.
- List of employment or volunteer references, where applicable.
- Declaration of other businesses owned.
The closing date for applications is 14th of May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.